You are here
Tobruk Memorial Pool, QLD
The redeveloped Tobruk Memorial Pool was officially opened on 14th May 2016. The $23.7 million project delivered a FINA accredited competition pool, two 25m heated pools, a wave pool (FlowRider) and toddlers splash pool.
To achieve FINA accreditation, the existing outdoor 50m pool was demolished to allow for a new fully tiled competition pool, using Agrob Buchtal extruded pool tiles. The existing 25m pool was upgraded and fully tiled to cater for various hydrotherapy exercises and learn to swim programs, along with a new toddlers pool, waterplay area and wave pool, making the facility a world-class aquatic centre capable of hosting top-level competitive swimming, as well as providing enjoyment to local residents.
Key elements of the project supplied and installed by Ceramic Solutions included:
- Tiling new 50 metre pool to FINA specifications
- Upgrading existing 25 meter pool for various hydrotherapy activities
- Additional program pool for learn-to-swim activities
- Toddler pool and waterplay area
- Concourse and pool hob depth marking signs
- Installation of 1.5 meter bulkhead within the 50 meter pool for increased utilisation
- FINA approved Malmsten lane ropes and anchors
- FINA approved Malmsten water polo goals, coloured tile marking, lane ropes and stainless steel anchors